Senior System Algorithm Engineer
Vancouver / Waterloo
- Develop system models to evaluate/recommend signal and data processing algorithms for product implementation.
- Provide technical design/verification support to the implementation team and other stakeholders.
- Specify architectures and functional requirements to drive product development.
- Generate technical design collateral for customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience delivering production-quality system simulation models.
- General DSP and communications knowledge (ideally in a wireless domain).
- Good understanding of production software design/practices.
- Proficiency in MATLAB and/or Python DSP design (wireless domain preferred).
- Understanding of floating and fixed-point numerical simulation models.
- Familiarity with source control and shell (or other) scripting.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered assets: RF calibration/interfacing, predistortion techniques, time/frequency synchronization and tracking, MIMO equalization, ML/MAP detection, turbo decoding, numerical analysis, adaptive algorithms, coding/information theory, RTL verification.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.